The team at the start of the Rugged Maniac last Saturday. 3 miles, 25 obstacles, beer. We had a great time and the race was a blast. The next event of this type is the Spartan Race coming up on August 8th. There is a discount on Groupon so sign up! There are about 12 already registered and we will have a great time both on the course and hanging out in the ‘spartan village’ after.
CrossFit strives to develop a broad level of fitness to better prepare the trainee for whatever life throws at them. Sir Christopher Lee(1922-2015), therefore, was ahead of the ‘CrossFit’ curve:
- He portrayed Dracula, a Bond villain, Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes, Count Dooku, Saruman, Death, and Satan.
- He recorded a heavy metal concept album about Charlemagne
- He hunted Nazis during WWII.
- He was part of a secret agent unit called The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.
- Director Peter Jackson told him to imagine the sound of stabbing someone. Lee replied that he “didn’t have to imagine it”.
- He was fluent in English, Italian, French, German, and Spanish. “Moderately proficient” in Swedish, Russian, and Greek, and “conversational” in Mandarin Chinese.